The programme consisted of plenary sessions, key sessions, workshops and satellite symposia. The sessions dealt with advancement of education and research in relation to epidemiology, pathology, diagnosis, prevention and management of wounds.
The EACCME has granted credits to EWMA 2009. A total of 16 points has been given.
Download complete Final Programme here
Download detailed programme here
Download Poster Overview here
- Plenary opening session: HELP - Healing, Educating, Learning, and Preventing in Wound Care
- Influence of pharmacological drugs to improve orimpair wound healing
- Patient Education and Self Care
- The Potentials for Technology in Wound Management - Documentation, Wound Monitoring & Telemedicine
- What is new in: Vascular ulcers, Diabetic Foot, Pressure ulcers and Dressing?
- Principles of Prevention
- Guidelines/Position Documents on Compression, Diabetic Foot, Pressure Ulcers
- Wounds caused by Microorganisms
- Compression therapy
- Atypical wounds
- Skin Care
- Basic and clinical science
- Wound management and nutrition
- Wounds in irradiated tissues
- Diagnostic evaluations in leg ulcers
- Clinical Trials
- Palliative Care
Advanced course in Wound Care for those who want to deepen their knowledge in wound healing or learn more about modern treatments of different wounds.
Advanced course in Wound Care took place on Friday 22 May 2009. The course was held by FWCS and was part of an educational programme.